Double J Music, an independent record label and production company based in the UK, released their wonderfully crafted compilation album "Acoustic Covers: The Album" (download from iTunes).
The album features 20 stripped-back, acoustic covers from established acts and upcoming talents. They have some key tracks on the album, including Jennifer Ann "Mad World" from the current Lloyds television campaign; "As Long As You Love Me" from Sleeping At Last, along with tracks from some of YouTube's biggest cover artists like Alexa Goddard, Rajiv Dhall and Nicole Cross. The album hit #1 in the singer-songwriter pre-order chart on iTunes before its release this past Friday!
Speaking about the release, James Kinnear from Double J Music says:
"What drew us to these songs is the way each of the artists transformed the originals into something completely fresh and new. To take a party track like Cheerleader, and turn it into a heartfelt piano ballad - that’s the basis of what makes this concept so special."Double J Music is an independent record label and production company based in London, UK founded by J&J Kinnear. In 2016 they launched the Spotify playlist network ‘Listd’, and in less than a year have built up over 60,000 followers across their playlists. With Listd, Double J have managed to create an active platform on Spotify to promote new emerging talent alongside the world's biggest artists and bands. Listd is now one of the fastest growing playlist network on Spotify, reaching thousands of listeners each day.
Read more from the press release below!
The 20-track compilation features unique interpretations of today’s biggest hits such as Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’ and The Chainsmokers’ ‘Paris’, alongside classics like ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ and ‘Hey Ya’.
"Acoustic Covers: The Album" brings together established acts alongside some of this year’s most exciting viral acts. Collectively the songs included have amassed over 20 million plays online.
Sleeping At Last’s mesmerizing version of Backstreet Boys’ ‘As Long As You Love Me’ gained global attention after being featured on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy. The band is a huge force in their own right, having also contributed to the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn soundtrack. Alexa Goddard, who scored a deal with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation label, contributes a sincere, unplugged version of James Arthur’s ‘Say You Won’t Let Go’. The album also includes Jennifer Ann’s haunting cover of ‘Mad World’, currently featured on the Lloyds Bank TV advert in the UK.
Fresh music comes from John Adams who is fast becoming one of the UK’s most talked about singer-songwriters. Following recent support from Ashton Kutcher and BBC Radio 2, Adams reworks Nelly Furtado’s classic ‘I’m Like A Bird’ exclusively for the album. In addition, the collection includes Emma Heesters (the most recent winner of MTV’s Cover Of The Month, with 130 million votes), plus an exclusive from social media star Rajiv Dhall (‘Starboy’).
Speaking about the release, James Kinnear from Double J Music says: “What drew us to these songs is the way each of the artists transformed the originals into something completely fresh and new. To take a party track like Cheerleader, and turn it into a heartfelt piano ballad - that’s the basis of what makes this concept so special.”
"Acoustic Covers: The Album" was released on 24th March 2017 on download and streaming. A limited edition CD is available as an Amazon exclusive. Download/stream/buy: http://www.smarturl.it/AcousticCovers
1. Say You Won't Let Go - Alexa Goddard (James Arthur cover)
2. Shape of You - Adam Christopher (Ed Sheeran cover)
3. As Long as You Love Me - Sleeping At Last (Backstreet Boys cover)
4. I'm Like a Bird - John Adams (Nelly Furtado cover)
5. I Took a Pill in Ibiza - Grace Grundy (Mike Posner cover)
6. Castle on the Hill - Nicole Cross (Ed Sheeran cover)
7. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Matt Alber (Whitney Houston cover)
8. Mad World - Jennifer Ann (Tears For Fears cover)
9. Starving - Emma Heesters (Hailee Steinfeld cover)
10. Starboy - Rajiv Dhall (The Weeknd cover)
11. Dancing On My Own - Jacob Wellfair (Robyn cover)
12. Never Gonna Give You Up - Hannah Trigwell (Rick Astley cover)
13. Paris - Adam Christopher feat. Ashlynn (The Chainsmokers cover)
14. Hey Ya - DENM (OutKast cover)
15. Cheerleader - Suzan & Freek (Omi cover)
16. Mercy - Ella Poletti (Shawn Mendes cover)
17. Million Reasons - Sapphire (Lady Gaga cover)
18. I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Past Midnight (Zayn & Taylor Swift cover)
19. Wake Me Up - Beth (Avicii cover)
20. When We Were Young - Ryan Dolan (Adele cover)